We have postponed the release of ARMA Online due to performance problems on our hosting platform. We are looking at ways to improve performance without incurring unreasonable costs.
Watch this space for further updates.
We have just started testing the cloud version of ARMA which is due to be released in the second half of this year. Watch this space for further details!
We have now launched ARMA Lite which has exactly the same functionality as full ARMA, but is limited to a maximum of 500 customers.
If you’re just starting out on the bin cleaning trail, or wish to perform an extended test of ARMA on a limited number of customers, then order ARMA Lite today!
ARMA Lite is priced at just £15 per month including support compared to the £60 per month for the full UNLIMITED version.
We’ve added some great new features to ARMA over the last few months:
- Print/Preview individual driver lists for a round instead of all rounds for a day
- Run Round Complete for selected rounds only
- New onscreen report listing all payments for a specified period – sort/filter by payment method, date etc.
- Allow driver lists to be sorted in a different order depending on which bins are being cleaned
- Traffic light system added to driver lists to highlight any special instructions for an address
ARMA has been much improved over the last 12 months with some great new features added:
- Street order for driver lists and round complete can now be set by bin type. This means you can set a different order for the round if e.g. waste and recycling collections are made in a different order
- Option to enter the time for each ‘missed clean’ when running end of day
- Customers in Arrears form updated to allow direct entry of a payment or to go to the customer details page. This allows the user to go through the list telephoning each customer and updating the customer record as needed
- New option on Main Menu to select a customer by ID
There’s always more in the pipeline!
The old ARMA website is becoming difficult to update and maintain, so we’re moving to a wordpress site over the next couple of weeks.
We’ve copied all the old news items and the main pages, but there may be a few bits and bobs missing!
We have completed the design, coding and testing of the first add-on module for ARMA.The ‘Payment Reminder’ module creates a reminder slip for each customer whose credit is at, or below £0.00 after a days clean, or if desired, each time you visit a customer. The slips are printed at the same time as the driver lists for a day, either 2,3 or 4 to a page (depending on the design selected) and need to be guillotined before use.
If you currently write out reminders, either when on your rounds, or before you go out, this module could save you valuable time.
As the slips need to be customised for each ARMA customer, there is a small charge of £200 for the module, or, for monthly payers, an extra charge of £10 per month.
Contact us for further details and a demo.
We’ve been working hard over the Christmas period adding a new version of the ARMA Activity Report, which shows income and cleans over a selected period.
The old report was slow to generate and provided a single set of figures. The new version is generated in just a couple of seconds and both income and cleans are displayed by month along with totals for the period.
The new Activity Report shows both income and cleans performed split by month. It is built using some new tables created in the background and takes just a couple of seconds to produce.
We’ve also updated a few other areas to make ARMA even easier to use…
- Direct entry of next clean date in Customer Detail form
- New ‘Add Round’ form to simplify round entry
- Prompt added to reactivate inactive customer when a payment is entered
We received our first overseas enquiry late in November. ARMA can be used pretty much anywhere, as it takes date, time and currency formats from your Windows defaults.
We were both pleased and surprised to get an email from New Zealand asking us for an extended registration key for ARMA.
ARMA is free for the first 2 months provided you register the software using the key we can provide by email.
We have found a problem when running ARMA on Windows XP, where payments are not correctly applied to a customer.
The software has now been fixed, but if you have previously installed ARMA and are running XP, we strongly recommend you download and install the patch version from here
When adding a payment for a customer, ARMA stores the customer number in a variable to pass to the payment routine. If running WIndows XP the code to build the variable name doesn’t work. This results in a customer number of 0 (zero) always being used by the payment routine.
Calling routines, and the payment routine, modified to use a fixed variable name for the customer number.